Monday, March 26, 2012

Work and Play

Okay, so it's been awhile since we have last updated, but damn we have been busy.  Addie has made a nice transition to her new office in Ogden.  And we have some good news!! She is coming home for a weekend and the countdown has been reset.

Addie has started school again, which is good because it eats up most of her spare time. She gets home sick pretty easy, but she is in good hands and has bonded quick with the in-laws. She went to Antelope Island last weekend and just this past Saturday they loaded up and took a drive to Idaho.

We should play a caption game with this one.
Anyone know what movie this is from. Luke should know. 

I think this is Bear Lake




And with my lady gone here is just a sample what  I've we've been up to.


If it ever stops raining I can finish this one.

Half way done!

Trim around the windows has been completed.


I couldn't have done all this work if it wasn't for a couple of the greatest dudes this side of the Mississippi.  We have been busting our tails for the past few Saturdays and I have been working solo on Sundays.....Yeah I give them a day off....slackers. 


We have managed to get the kitchen floor done (again), cabinets and counter tops set, trim work around the windows and door on the back addition along with new siding, new windows in the basement, new mirror, light fixture and exhaust fan in the bathroom, and a load of rock for the driveway.  We also took out the old stairs leading down to the basement to do some patching and went ahead and ran a new riser and treads for the lower half. I would say that  it's coming together quite nice.  It's funny how much crap you get done when you are motivated.  I should have done this years ago! Now I only have about 8 weeks to get it all done. We are steadily checking off the list, and as quickly as it's going, there is still plenty to do.

No comments: